Kenyans have reached a tipping point with DP Ruto. He must be held accountable for his transgressions against Kenya.
What seems to have broken camel’s back is the recent death of a police officer who was manning the Harambee Annex office on February 13, 2020, the day that former Cabinet Secretary Rashid Echesa and two foreigners visited DP Ruto’s office to sign a multibillion fake arms tender document.
Last week, a man who is also associated with DP Ruto’s office died in a tragic road accident along Lang’ata road, few meters from Weston Hotel (owned by DP Ruto) where he was partying with his friends.
Ruto’s malfeasances are well documented and legendary both in scope and depth;
- Jacob Juma – the Nairobi businessman was gunned down by unknown assailants near Lenana School on 5th May 2016. Juma appeared to have a premonition of his own death going by the posts on his social media accounts in which he linked Deputy President William Ruto. A man from the DP’s office, Nyakundi narrated how the murder was plotted and executed.
- David Kipruto Ronoh- died in a tragic road accident along Lang’ata road few meters from Weston Hotel (owned by DP Ruto) where he was partying with his friends. Rono was a staff at Harambee Annex.
- Chris Msando – man in charge of Kenya’s computerised voting system.
- 1,100 non-Kalenjins from Eldoret – burned alive in Eldoret.
- Meshack Yebei – Mr Yebei was one of the defence witnesses in the ongoing case against Deputy President William Ruto at the International Criminal Court.
- Chris Mburu – South Sudan Ambassador who had fallen out with DP Ruto during Ruto’s last visit to Khartoum. The late Mburu is said to have collapsed and died at his residence in Juba after he suffered a heart attack. Mburu was a former director of External Intelligence at the National Intelligence Service (NIS).
- The unnamed man from Trans Nzoia – Cyrus Jirongo had sensationally revealed that the DP had murdered an individual at a certain political meeting in Eldoret.
Whether out of foolishness or arrogance or both, Ruto’s demonstrated aura of invincibility betrays him time and time again. Very few men in history come to mind that match or surpass Ruto’s audacity; German’s Adolf Hitler, Italy’s Benito Mussolini, and America’s mob bosses Al Capone and John Gotti. These men were audacious just as they were brutal and left a trail of human suffering before they were finally stopped.
Ruto embodies characteristics of each of these men and as a modern-day Houdini, he sure has a lot of destruction left in him if not tamed.